Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Will the IRS ever hear from me?

I know in a month or two I'll be complaining that I haven't heard from the IRS yet about my 1023, but right now they haven't heard from me! My first goal was to have the application for 501(c)(3) submitted by the end of February, then that got revised to early March; now it's mid March...but I believe tonight I actually finished it. Now that's an accomplishment. Now I just have to get it in the mail. Right now I'm just waiting for the wonderful people who are loaning me the $750 application fee to show me the money, and then that huge step will have been taken.

Speaking of money, I'm considering putting a Paypal link on the LOI web site and soliciting small non tax-deductible donations to help with all these things I've been paying for - it's been adding up, and I really have no way of raising significant money without the tax exempt status, so any small amounts I can get here and there from friends and supporters chipping in will go a long way.

It's 12:25 a.m. What is wrong with me? I keep staying up late working on all these things - tonight it was the budget, the web site, and the 1023. I'm off tomorrow so I don't have to get up on that account, but I'm setting myself up to sleep through fajr. Instead of continuing to talk about being up, I am just going to go to sleep.

No comments: