Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New car, caviar, four star daydream

(With apologies to Pink Floyd...sorry, it goes through my head every time I think about money.)

Got $500 toward the $750 fee for filing the 1023!

(If you understand that you've either been reading my blog or know way too much about nonprofits or the IRS.)

It was supposed to be a loan but they made it a birthday gift, about a month early. I am soooo grateful for this help in addition to what they've helped me with all my life.

I put a Paypal button on the web site today. I worried that it might be tacky or seem wrong to solicit donations before LOI is tax-exempt, but I really don't know how else to cover the expenses that are coming up - things like accountant's fees, business cards and promotional materials, the phone, professional association fees, and all the other things that are coming up in the next few weeks and months. It is a nonprofit bookstore, after all, and nonprofits rely on the generosity of others, and generosity doesn't come without asking. Hopefully the 501(c)(3) will come through quickly.

I want to once again say how grateful I am for the money towards the IRS application. I hope I can achieve something to make them proud and happy.

No comments: