Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Feeling icky

I don't know...this talk of money has me feeling yucky, maybe kind of dirty. I like the part where I had a dream a whole lot better. I like the beginning part (see archives) where I was so excited over the stupidest little things like getting my EIN and preliminary board meetings and so forth. I wish money had nothing to do with it. And as more people have started reading this blog, I'm finding that I self-censor a fair amount. I don't like that. I'm struggling with the bookstore having become some big other thing than it started out being. I don't want to think about raising $100 grand in 5 months. I want to think about selling great books and having great classes and picturing myself in the store, making it a success and feeling gratified. So from now on let's keep it simple. Rest assured, fundraising will be discussed on this blog, but I want to talk about me and how I'm building this thing. (But don't forget to go to the Paypal link on the web site and donate generously...darn it, I can't stop myself!)

So...my big focus now is on getting accurate numbers of budget items (darn! there goes that money thing again!) There's a commercial spot near here that's 980 sq. ft., which is smaller than what I was thinking, but the rent is about $500 less than what I had budgeted, so I think I'll stroll on over there and take a peek. The real estate agent told me I can get the key from the convenience store next door. (Wow, BTW.) I realize I won't be ready to sign a lease for what, like, 10 months, 9 months? But it's worth investigating, and you never know. OK, I'm shutting down the computer and heading out.

No comments: