Thursday, April 05, 2007

A week or so

Of the tasks I set for myself in the last post I've completed the first two and am almost done with #3, the newsletter. Taking a look at my schedule for the next week or so, I realize I need to put off further work on LOI till the women's gathering is over, which is on the 12th. My parents will also be here next week, Tuesday through Friday. The 16th and 17th are my last days babysitting my friend's infant in the afternoon. Long story short, the week of the 16th will be my kick-off week, when I singlemindedly dive into the LOI fundraising campaign. I'm almost done with the newsletter. The layout is complete (can't believe I'm saying that, being a graphics-impaired perfectionist who tweaks and tweaks and tweaks); I'm writing the articles. They're short, 150-200 words each, which actually makes the writing a little more challenging. But insha Allah I'll be done with it let's say...this...weekend...yes, I think that's reasonable. Of course once the newsletter itself is done I have to create my list of people to send it to. Hey, if you're interested in getting a copy, e-mail me at ruth@light-of-islam.org. It's currently available only by e-mail. So now I can "relax" and focus on the women's gathering, working (Sunday is an incentive pay day, 5 cents more a line), and entertaining mom, dad and the baby ;)

*****
Light of Islam is a nonprofit bookstore whose mission is to provide the Houston-area community with accurate and accessible information about Islam and Muslims. Find out more at http://www.light-of-islam.org/.

No comments: