Thursday, April 12, 2007

Born to market

Googling nonprofit blogs, I discovered that the blog is a recommended marketing tool for nonprofit organizations. I guess I'm a natural marketing genius! I started the blog because I just wanted to document the steps along the way and I also wanted a place to express my personal feelings about opening the bookstore. Eventually I realized it is a vehicle for people to know what the latest is with the LOI. I don't know if that's marketing exactly, but at least readers can find out what's going on with the store.

And what's going on today? As far as LOI goes, I'm just in standby mode, waiting for this event tonight to be over and then my latest babysitting stint to be over, and then I'm cranking it up and will devote every spare hour (yeah, right) to fundraising. I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm kind of sick of fundraising. I don't want to do it. I JUST WANNA OPEN A BOOKSTORE! Waaahhh...

*****
Light of Islam is a nonprofit bookstore whose mission is to provide the Houston-area community with accurate and accessible information about Islam and Muslims. Find out more at
http://www.light-of-islam.org/.

No comments: