Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A big clean-up and a big relief

OK, alhamdulillah, good things happening today. My third board member, who a couple months ago had to back out due to having had her work responsibilities way increase, is still with us, with the understanding that she won't always be able to give 110% - but that's the case with all of us, especially the board, and I'm grateful to all of them, knowing how valuable the time is that they've carved out of their schedules for the bookstore.

Other good news is that I've actually cleaned up the piles of papers that have been growing all over my office. I have just one neat pile now that's primarily contact information I need to start compiling. After I finish that, what next?

I've identified 11 potential donors, so I'm more than halfway towards selecting 20, as Melissa and I had decided. I need to settle in my mind the best way to approach each one - no, wait, I also need to prioritize them and then decide on a strategy. I need to write a case statement - a formal one, probably around 1000 words, though who knows? After the women's gathering is over on Thursday, I need to not do anything except work on developing the bookstore.

The chaos in my office was an obstacle to productivity, and now that's overcome, and I feel a lot clearer about my plans going forward. However, I still have this thing in my mind where I have so much to focus on I may not be sufficiently organized. Maybe the Gantt chart will help with that. Yes, that's the ticket. OK, so I have to:

1) Compile all the contact information into one spreadsheet.
2) Update the Gantt chart.
3) Identify 9 more potential donors.
4) Prioritize those donors.
5) Write a case statement.

Oh, and the newsletter. OK:

1) Compile all the contact information into one spreadsheet.
2) Update the Gantt chart.
3) Complete the first issue of the newsletter.
4) Identify 9 more potential donors.
5) Prioritize those donors.
6) Write a case statement.

That should do it for now. Keep the money flowing, people! And spread the word!

*****
Light of Islam is a nonprofit bookstore whose mission is to provide the Houston-area community with accurate and accessible information about Islam and Muslims. Find out more at http://www.light-of-islam.org/.

No comments: